Thursday 6 May 2021

I learnt it from a book: Wrapping gifts

 I may be in the minority but I REALLY love to wrap gifts up. I take pleasure in finding the right wrapping paper, matching the bow, finding a gift tag, making a card, jazzing it all up and FINALLY gifting my gift.

Over the weekend, I had two presents to wrap up for a friends birthday and I thought that it was time to up my game so I trotted off to the library. I returned with a stack of books to pour over and got some really great ideas, from three of them, to try out.

From Handmade cards and gift-wrap I took the idea of stamping my own wrapping paper using Kraft paper as the base. I also had a little gift box so I stamped the top of it to tie it in.

From Giftwrapped: Practical and inventive ideas for all occasions and celebrations I followed the instructions to wrap a simple box, which I have done many times before but I really liked how the ends came out looking sharp and even.

I find that often when I have a small giftbox. I just scrunch up a bunch of tissue paper and place the item amongst it. I found a section explaining how to line a box with tissue paper which I followed to the T. 


Finally, I learnt how to tie a corner bow and finished off the whole gift with a tag. Now, my calligraphy skills leave a lot to be desired but I gave it a crack using some images I found in Creative calligraphy as a guide.

Now to actually gift it...

-Kristen






No comments:

Post a Comment