Friday 3 August 2012

Feel Good Reads

I started thinking about this topic when a library customer asked for such a recommendation. She had just finished a fairly harrowing Jodi Picoult book and needed to read something that was a bit less traumatic. I wish you would help me to compose such a list because I too have been had my mood altered by what I have read and sometimes I know I need a “pick-me-up”.

The LibraryThing website suggests the following authors:
  • Nicholas Sparks
  • Judith Michael
  • Janette Oke
  • Jane Austin
  • Georgette Heyer
The Fantastic Fiction site recommends:
  • Sarah-Kate Lynch
  • Nora Roberts
  • Bridget Asher
  • Marsha Mehran
  • Daniele Steel
May I add my favourites:
  • Alan Warner
  • Nick Hornby
  • Lisa Jackson
  • Kate De Goldi - (see book cover  - The 10 pm Question)
  • Rosamunde Pilcher
Let us know who your favourite "feel good" authors are!...Moxie

No comments:

Post a Comment