Tuesday 7 August 2012

The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco

I finished this book this week! (I have been reading it for two months.) It is a difficult but intriguing read. One of the reasons I persevered was because I was learning so much about French and Italian history. It deals with conspiracies, anti-Semitism, The Freemasons and the Catholic Church. All the names, places, publications and dates are purported to be true. I checked several of them and found that to be so. At the centre of this novel is a fictitious character called Simonini, he meets people like Giuseppe Garibaldi, Dr. Freud and Madam Blavatsky.

This book is beautifully illustrated and, would you believe, contains many recipes.
Reviewed by Moxie 

Visit Umberto Eco's website:  www.umbertoeco.com

Check our library catalogue and review online

1 comment:

  1. I have had so many questions cluttering up my mind while reading this book, I found myself taking notes. (I was not going to have Signor Eco, catch me napping!).

    To find answers I scooped up a copy of “The Element encyclopedia of secret societies and hidden history: the ultimate A-Z of ancient mysteries, lost civilizations and forgotten wisdom" by John Michael Greer. I found this book most entertaining and it did answer my questions about the Bavarian Illuminati and the Jesuits aka The Society of Jesus. Posted by Moxie

    ReplyDelete