Wednesday 20 April 2016

Teach Yourself VisuallyWindows 10 by Paul McFedries

Like many of you I swapped over to Windows 10 when it became available and have been using it since. I upgraded from Windows 7 on my PC but have got Windows 8 on my phone, so none of it was too surprising.

I found I wasn't using Windows 10 at a higher level so I thought I would have a look at this manual and see what I was missing. As it says, the book is a visual walk through Windows 10 and the Apps that come with it. Lots of screen shots with instructions, which works well for me.

I found Chapter 7 “Working with images” particularly interesting. I have noticed that digital photos seem to be very disposable - we tend to take so many of them without really looking at them again. Chapter 7 goes from downloading an image through to editing it. Some very nice functions in this software, which can help your photos if you want to improve them.

Groove Music has replaced Windows media player and gives you a breakdown of what that can do. Again this seems to work well and I have several thousand songs on my PC so this is a big help.

The library has a number of books on Windows 10 but I found this one easy to navigate and to find information that might be of use to me.

Don't forget you can have one-on-one tutorials with the library's resident computer expert if you still need help. Check the library website for details.

The Library Cat

Catalogue link: Teach Yourself Visually Windows 10

Website link: iSkills at the Library

No comments:

Post a Comment