Friday 26 July 2019

Together by Annabel Langbein

In a bid to liven up our dinners I have set myself a wee cookbook challenge. Each week I will make all our dinners from one cookbook. Starting the challenge with Annabel Langbein's latest cookbook, which she has put together with her daughter Rose, I am keen to have a go at the Balsamic Mushroom Burgers - even though I am not sure I will like vinegar on my burger.

Forgetting to buy garlic means I have only one missing ingredient and I will substitute egg-free chipotle aioli with ordinary mayonnaise. So I am quietly confident that this recipe may turn out just like Annabel intended. All I have to do is bake the mushrooms, fry the haloumi, toast the buns and assemble all in 20 minutes. And I do just that with the only hiccup occurring when assembling as I put the burger fillings on the top half of the bun. Of course I don’t actually realise this till I look at the photo and by that time the burger is eaten. Simple, tasty and the balsamic vinegar works really well with the other flavours. A really easy weekday recipe.

With our cold weather set to continue I am going for a book with hearty recipes next.

Enjoy!

Posted by Veronica

Catalogue link: Together

No comments:

Post a Comment