Wednesday 8 January 2020

App Review - Libib

Ok, confession time. I am a librarian. I work in a library with thousands of books. But I still have over 500 books… in my bedroom… I don’t have a problem…

But for real, I have had a heck of a time working out which books that I have, and which books that I need to buy to complete a series - I have literally ended up with three copies of the same book, which, apparently is a problem…

So first off, we sat down and manually entered every. single. book. into an Excel spreadsheet. Not going to lie, it took a very long time. Not ideal when you have 500+ books!

Then I found Libib. Game. Changer. This app is actually designed for large libraries - the full (paid for) version, can track up to 100,000 items, with the ability to issue to customers - but can be used for at home libraries as well - the free version supports up to 5,000 items! Might need a new story on my house if my collection gets that big!

The app is super simple to use, you just use the camera on your phone to scan the ISBN barcode on the back of the book, and it auto fills the details - Title, Author etc.

It’s not just for book collections - you could also use it to keep track of which books you have read - but also for Video Games, Movies, and Music.

Overall rating - 4 stars (there are a few things I would like it to do, but that might be user error on my part!)

Reviewed by Library Li

https://www.libib.com/apps

No comments:

Post a Comment