Friday 8 January 2016

Podcasts: OK I lied here are four more

In November I shared four of my favourite podcasts with you that I thought you may enjoy. Since then I have discovered some new podcasts (some of which were recommended to me by you) and it turns out I have more than four favourites!


Question of the Day
Frequency: Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 


Question of the Day is a quick (less than 15minute) podcast hosted by author James Altucher and Freakonomics co-author Stephen Dubner. The fact that these two are long-time friends is evident as they argue over topics such as; ‘Should I prepare my kids to become billionaires?’, ‘Five things I do much better (and worse) than most people’, ‘Do questions require answers?’ and ‘What lessons did you learn from your best boss?’ This podcast is easy and enjoyable to listen to and it doesn’t take up too much of your precious time.





Ear Biscuits
Frequency: Every Friday (during the season)

With over 13.5 million subscribers over three YouTube channels Rhett and Link are famous in their own right. On Ear Biscuits, they sit down for in-depth, personal interviews with other famous YouTubers. I found that guests opened up a lot more to their friends. Past guests include CTFxC, PewDiePie, Grace Helbig and ShayCarl. As a huge fan of YouTube I love listening to these interviews. If you are not an avid YouTube watcher, they are still well worth the listen.






Complete Guide to Everything
Frequency: Weekly

The complete guide to everything is exactly what it sounds like, a complete guide to everything. Tom and Tim sit down for hour long chat where they discuss (and sometimes fail to explain) topics such as the US mail system, RPGS, pizza, hoverboards and Apple TV. This podcast went live for the first time in 2013 and I can see why it is still so popular today.







TEDTalks 
Frequency: Daily

After my last podcast post, Michelle Simms suggested I look into The TED Radio Hour. I kind of forgot the exact title she suggested and just looked up TEDTalks. I have only been listening to this podcast for about 2 weeks but I am really enjoying the wide range of topics. TEDTalks are presentations from the TED (technology, entertainment and design) conference; they are limited to a maximum length of 18 minutes but can be on any topic. Topics I have explored include: Let’s not use Mars as a backup planet, My year reading a book from every country in the world, What are animals thinking and feeling, and How to stay calm when you know you’ll be stressed.


Hopefully this has given you some food for thought and please keep those suggestions coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment