Thursday 7 January 2016

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo (KonMari)

Haha, New Year resolutions anyone? This book was the number 1 bestseller non-fiction book in the US in 2015.
After reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying I went out and bought a huge roll of jumbo black bin liners and so far have filled 10 of them! (plus recycled what I can of course).

Marie Kondo is a Japanese woman who tidies for a living, and is very passionate about the subject.
In a nutshell, her method involves getting rid of unwanted items fast (i.e. she does not subscribe to the little and often theory) and making an honest decision about each item whilst holding it (does this spark joy in me?). So it turns out that most of the stuff I was holding onto does not spark joy in me!
My husband did wonder if this works with chain saws and lawn mowers....

Has my life changed? Hmmm, bit soon to tell, I certainly don't feel so overwhelmed by the mountain of 'stuff' in every cupboard and wardrobe I open now.
Anyway, if you are serious about decluttering your life I recommend this book (even if I think Marie would possibly have a stroke if she came to my house).

Posted by Katrina

Catalogue link ebook: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying


No comments:

Post a Comment